Monday, April 19, 2010

Nothing Exciting

My weekend:

Thursday.

Thursday night my dad decided to pay a visit to his alma mater to see his eldest child. After meeting him at the terrace after class, I proceeded to buy him popcorn. We then hung out at the terrace for a bit, walked around Memorial Union, checked out the newly renovated Historical Society, went to the bookstore, walked up State Street, walked to the house, and finally drove to the Edgewater for dinner--all of which were my father's ideas. I am convinced he has adult ADD. Although a little pricey, we finally made it to the Edgewater and had a delicious dinner. At one point during the meal, the waiter (who was dressed in a tuxedo) was refilling my dad's water glass and spilled a little on my dad's arm. The waiter sincerely apologized and then ran back to get our food. He tripped on a chair and almost ate shit. Schadenfreude (for those who haven't seen Avenue Q, Schadenfreude is the act of taking happiness in other's misfortune.) Pretty funny.

Friday.
Went out to lunch with Momma Voj, Normal Voj, Benny and Alyssa. Had a lot of fun. I am usually great with parents; however, I was not off to a good start with Momma Voj. But she likes me and doesn't think I'm an asshole...which is good. Later a bunch of us went to Hillel for dinner as usual. Went back to the house. A bunch of people were going to Brickhouse BBQ so I tagged along. Noah stumbled in holding a box of pizza saying how he got kicked out of a rodeo. You know...whatever. Ask Benny, Solarz, Kippi, Curren or myself for more details.

Saturday.
Greek Week started. Eric, Teddy, Goldfinger and Seaston all participated in the Walk A Mile In Her Shoes race. Apparently Sam was a baller and just took off down the street. Thanks for participating guys. Later on was formal. My very motherly friend, Sydnie, came in from Lake Forest College as my date. We ended up having a lot of fun. Jenny (Freems' ex?) ate all my food off my plate at formal.

Sunday.
Went to the library with Alyssa and found Voj. Sat in the computer lab for 30 minutes or so photoshopping her into a picture from formal.

Before


After


All in all, pretty fun weekend. After last weekend (which was insane!) it was nice to have a semi chill weekend.



Also, this Thursday (April 22) ZBT at UWisconsin is having its annual philanthropy event. "Sausage Fest" is at State Street Brats from 5:00-8:00 pm and proceeds will go to the Lance Armstrong Foundation. Tickets are $10 in advance and $15 at the door, and you can redeem your ticket for either 1 sausage or 2 hot dogs, unlimited soda and fries, and dessert. T-Shirts are $10. It's gonna be a lot of fun and I hope to see all you there! Check out our Facebook Event, "ZBT's Sausage Fest" for more info on ticket sellers in your area.

Quick shoutouts:
Jeremy- happy birthday bud.
Benny- BENNNAYYYYYY!
Larzy- You are the man.

Your moment of zazen.